Lost, on a painted sky...

Lost,  on a painted sky...

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, January 03, 2007

    Moron of the Week- (clickable link) Zak George

    Keith Olberman does a nightly bit about the 'stupidest person in the world.'

    I don't claim to know the rest of the world enough to know if that is true but I do feel confident in identifying the biggest moron I have encountered in a long time. I don't mean to imply that the person is too stupid to live. In fact, I make no estimation of their intellect at all. The designation is reserved for statements or acts that define moronness, whether in a temporary or permanent state.

    The first Moron of the Week I found on YouTube. I was first very interested in his work with dogs but am getting the idea now that dogs, who tend to be good natured to the point of sappiness, are his only company.

    When I happened upon his response to a girl singing a christmas message for her brother who is serving in Iraq I found him to be (seemingly) reasonable and rationed.

    But apparrently his meds don't mix well with egg nog.

    His next two video blogs, both recorded for some unknown reason in duplicate on his YouTube site, make me want to scream out " YOU TUBE!!!" His position is ridiculous, to say the least.

    He claims to run a site for 'civil discussion of controversial issues. He tries for civility, and is mostly polite, but misses the mark when he does not attempt genuine discussion.

    Anyone who disagrees with his position is 'playing politics' or as he said of one contributor who was particularly well versed in facts:

    You're just playin' politics bro. You're too concerned with being correct than you are about actual solutions. You're welcome to hang out here, but I'd like you to contribute something more valuable to the conversation if you don't mind.

    Oddly, the point Zak fails to grasp is that when you are correct you rarely need to be concerned about it. It is when you are wrong and can't acknowledge that there are things you may not know that you have to get so defensive.

    Check out his site- he watches his numbers as a way of inflating his ego as I saw on his other, more watchable site. Watch and see why Zak George is the "A Page That Aches" MORON OF THE WEEK!!!.

    1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    You write convincingly, thereby negating any thought I might have entertained to "meet" Zak. Besides, I thought I had identified the "Moron of the Week" fairly recently on another site; someone else with your well-identified traits for Zak. I quote from your blog in this entry of "A Page that Aches":

    "Oddly, the point Zak fails to grasp is that when you are correct you rarely need to be concerned about it. It is when you are wrong and can't acknowledge that there are things you may not know that you have to get so defensive."

    My nominee is in undeniable possession of this trait; but, I'll have to keep you guessing.

    Cheers! Respective sites are slow today, thus rendering my diversion from work very unsatisfactory!