Lost, on a painted sky...

Lost,  on a painted sky...

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, January 10, 2007

    Moron of the week 2 for 2007.

    I believe I have shown remarkable restraint in holding off a week for this one:

    George W. Bush becomes 2007’s second moron of the week.
    Insanity is defined loosely as continuing to do an act that does not yield the intended end. All the more insane repeatedly doing a thing that causes you harm (slamming your head against a wall, etc).

    Tonight “W” will unveil the “plan” he has been working on for over two months, a plan that his own military advisers tell him has limited to no chance for success.

    I wish someone could help the Commander in Chief grasp these realities:

    Coalition Casualties in Iraq (Military March 20, 2003- January 9, 2006)
    US UK Other Total
    3017 128 123 3268

    Non-mortal Casualties (US) including non-hostile and medical evacuations
    46,880

    The most conservative numbers available recording Iraqi security forces and civilian deaths are those provided through the media. By all accounts these appear to be grossly underestimated at 19,090.

    "The plan" is to put 20,000 additional troops into the middle of this chaos with a hope that their presence- the very presence that is causing the anger and turmoil- will somehow bring an end.

    How many more must die?

    I plan on watching the speech tonight. Maybe he will prove the media wrong and I can cheerfully recant.

    3 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    When I hear the word "moron", as in the context of your Zak post below, I sort of shrug my shoulders, shake my head and say to myself, "What can you do? Another one. C'est la vie." It doesn't interest me enough to even go to his website and check him out. Sort of, "Who cares."

    The above is my reason for needing a much more serious connotation herein. It is the sheer lack of MORALITY that gives me the sick feeling in my stomach at the latest figure of 20,000. Remember Elvis and the TV screen when he didn't care for the content? I shall not be watching and will have to rely on the news afterwards.

    Anonymous said...

    PS-Congratulations on your self-proclaimed "remarkable restraint"! :-)

    Anonymous said...

    i just can't watch. i want to, but i can't - this pres actually is bad for my health, i can feel the blood pressure rise and my kidneys start to pulse. how sad is it that he wants so badly to land on his feet with this war to satisfy his ego, at the expense of countless others. what he obviously doesn't know is that his end will never justify his means and he will go down in history as the most disliked, dispicable and harmful president ever.
    but don't ya just LOVE that guy on jay leno who impersonates him? he is SO good i can't stop laughing. i hope he finds employment post-dubbya's reign.