Lost, on a painted sky...

Lost,  on a painted sky...

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, January 02, 2008

    Bigger, Longer, Better -- Fresh

    I couldn't help but tune in to the 'Tonight Show with Jay Leno.' I didn't know what to expect. I knew Letterman had his writers back but I haven't found him to be funny for a very long time.

    Leno wrote his own material for the monologue which went longer than it usually does. He was fresh and was obviously more committed to the material. It wasn't fall- on- the- floor funny, but it didn't suck either.

    He followed up with a spontaneous 'questions from the audience' segment. The answers didn't always match the questions but you got a sense of what Leno is probably like on the road.

    I hope the writers get a fair contract. I also understand the need to get all the other people back to work. If the first half hour of this show is any indication I think we might see a long overdue evolution of the format that has been too common place for too long.

    1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    Tuned into Dave to try to catch Robin Williams.....three comments about his stupid beard and I was asleep! We saw Jay before he was JAY during my oldest son's college days.....he was fantastic and funny, without one slur. We like him to this day, in spite of his less pure humor :-)!

    How's the puppy???

    I'm confident that you DO know my identity, right? Well, I've decided to use a derivative of my middle name (patron saint) here. I don't like being "anonymous" anymore. Also, I'm sure political discussions will be of great interest on this Board, starting tonight...not to mention "Idol" discussions on Page Too.

    Happy New Year, Jon.