Lost, on a painted sky...

Lost,  on a painted sky...

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, January 28, 2008

    Kathleen Sebelius

    Okay, I was surprised when I her her name this morning as a Governor who would be endorsing Senator Obama in his presidential bid. I actually had to look her up and since she had only been referred to as 'Kansas Governor Sebelius' I was surprised to find she is a woman (see link).

    I do not know the order in which these decisions are made but it seems the timing of her endorsement and her selection as the speaker to follow the president suggests that there is some deeper scheming going on in the core of the Democratic party.

    So, does her selection suggest a stronger support growing in the democratic leadership for Obama's candidacy? And if so, given the perception of the Gvernor as a rising star in the party, what would she bring to an Obama ticket in '08?

    I still like Richardson in that role and believe he brings depth, an ability to play to the right and his connection to the latino community as serious strengths.

    1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    I've heard that she may be the next Hillary meaning she may have her eye on a run for the President. I've never heard of her but she did give a nice speech other night rebutting the State of the Union speech.

    As far as running mates for Obama, I think the door is wide open. It could be anyone at this point. I do think he needs to bring in the Latino vote but I also believe he needs to get someone wtih a lot of foreign policy experience because if McCain does get the nomination the Republicans will kill him with his lack of foreign policy experience. I like the idea of Biden. Now if Romney gets the nomination it won't be such a big issue. I can't think about Hillary getting the nomination right now - don't want to go there because that's what the Republicans want. They want it so they can dig back in her past and bring out all of her skeletons starting way back in Arkansas.