Lost, on a painted sky...

Lost,  on a painted sky...

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, March 19, 2008

    What Am I still waiting to hear?

    All day long, we have been hearing that after five years in Iraq the American people are more concerned about the economy. I doubt that is true. But to the extent that it is, I am looking for a candidate to make this connection.

    Five years after we invaded Iraq in an ill-conceived, poorly planned, discretionary war- the situation there is less stable than it was when we went in, 4000 American live and hundreds of thousands of innocents have been killed or injured, the most conservative estimates are that this war has cost $three trillion and upwards.

    We have never been asked as a people to make any kind of sacrifice for this effort- except to go spend money-

    The Iraqi war and the economy are inextricably linked. In order to solve the economy problems we need to solve the Iraqi conflict. We need someone to say so.

    1 comment:

    Jonathan said...

    My understanding is that Obama did exactly this today. I am still trying to get a copy of that speech.