Lost, on a painted sky...

Lost,  on a painted sky...

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, March 31, 2008

    Thank You Amy Klobuchar !!!!

    On February 12th I sent this letter to Amy Klobuchar:

    Dear Senator Klobuchar,I am a long-time supporter. I appreciated your words regarding remaining silent at this time in the super delegate process as we continue in what is shaping up to be a very exciting Presidential race for our nation and for our party.As you consider your position I hope you will consider the overwhelming support Senator Obama has received by the people of our state.I am a regular party active and have never before seen such crowds at a caucus.In my particular precinct 78% went for Obama. I asked several why and discovered that there were many first timers who turned up for Obama.These first-timers and the youth of Minnesota are energized about the possibility of casting their votes this fall for a Minnesota ballot that is headed by Barack Obama for President and Al Franken in the senate race.Like you, I hope this matter clears itself up long before you need to cast your super delegate vote. But if not, I hope you will give strong consideration to the opinion of the people you serve.Thanks for all you do.

    Today, my favorite Senator from the Great State of Minnesota pledged her support for Barack Obama along with the entire congressional delegation from the state of North Carolina.

    She was completely within her rights to do otherwise, but I for one am grateful that in this contentious time in the life of the Democratic Party she has chosen to follow the direction of the citizens of her home state.

    I must confess that Amy Klobuchar was not my first choice when she first decided to run for senate, but her excellent work and her remarkable abilities and judgement have made me an avid supporter.

    Imagine the work she and Franken will be able to do together for the good of Minnesota and the whole nation.

    1 comment:

    Jonathan said...

    I got this quote of Senator Klobuchar froom Keith Olbermann's show tonight: " I found being uncommitted a very hard place to be- so having to choose between Barack and a Hard Place I chose Barack."