Lost, on a painted sky...

Lost,  on a painted sky...

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, March 18, 2008

    I strongly recommend Campaign Process Reform.

    Everyone always talks about campaign finance reform. That will never be the answer.I posted earlier about Bobby Kennedy not even entering the 1968 campaign until March 16th of that same year. And that was at a time when news didn't travel at lightning speed.I believe that congress should pass legistlation that would delay declaring candidacy until 'no earlier than January 15 of the election year" and that no primaries or caucuses should occur before March 15 of that same year.This tightened rocess would require the news to provide more balance. There would be less time to bicker and spend money on negative campaigning and I believe fewer people would enter the races.It worked in the early to latter part of the last century and I believe that with on-line access and 24 hour news cycles would significantly help in the process.Further, more states would have their contests at the same time and media created momentum would play less of a factor than regional interest in a particular candidate.These are my thoughts for the day based on the fatigue I am feeling right now about the process.

    No comments: