Lost, on a painted sky...

Lost,  on a painted sky...

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, July 31, 2004

    Is it un-Christian to vote for Democrats?

    This article sums it up pretty well, although not perfectly. I certainly agree with the perception that the anti-tax (my money) attitude of the Republicans is fundamentally selfish. And it is my personal belief that most Republicans would choose tax reduction over anti-abortion if pressed.

    The abortion issue will likely come up again and I will get more opportunity to comment in the future. But show me a Republican that says "reduction of abortions in this country is of the highest priority" and backs that up with legistlative initiatives that provide government funded alternatives for women in crisis pregnancies - even at the expense of tax breaks - and I will revise my position on this issue.

    The lip service toward making abortion illegal and the moral proclamations that women need to keep their knees together or fend for themselves are no longer an acceptable public answer to this issue.

    That having been said, I long for the Democratic candidate who will allow themselves to even admit that abortion is an evil that should be avoided. Your thoughts below -

    No comments: