Lost, on a painted sky...

Lost,  on a painted sky...

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, April 17, 2007

    This post is the reason for this Blog.

    "A Page That Aches" exists as an opportunity to say the things that no others will say about topics no one else will approach. It is not about being politically correct or falling into line with everyone else who is trying to get in line to take the popular position. That being said, here goes!!!

    I preface my comments with profound sorrow in the face of the tragically violent acts of a single gunman in Virginia yesterday. My prayers go out to the families and many who have been touched by this evil.

    President Bush has announced that he will personally attend a memorial service for the students killed yesterday in Virginia.- What an arrogant prick!!! Never mind the obvious pandering and creation of a photo op in the midst of people's grief. My anger on this issue is that for days, weeks, months and years we have lost (in some cases in one single act of violence) the same numbers in an ill- conceived war that this President has directly caused.

    He has never given this same courtesy to the young men and women who have given their lives because of his continuing failed policy. Where is his compassion for them? Where is his photo op? What one of these men or women (or their families) has warranted his compassion?

    I am sure Mr President has his reasons but I am appauled. And I am sure that when he makes some assinine commentary about the senseless violence he will wave the flag and talk about how we all need to pull together.

    I am not impressed by this display of false compassion.

    1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    Yes, yes, yes, yes, and "arrogant prick" says it all.