Lost, on a painted sky...

Lost,  on a painted sky...

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, April 26, 2007

    Democrats Debate, winners and losers

    The standings in the polls probably won't change much because of this debate. However, I think the clear winners are Obama and Richardson. Obama, because he was able to stand up to his hype pretty well and spoke eloquently on a couple of key topics, abortion and health care. Richardson, because people got a chance to see that there is some real depth there.

    Gravel and Dodd looked like bitter old men compared to their rivals and that will not work for them over-all. Neither one did anything to stand out significantly from the pack.

    Edwards played it safe, I think, as did Hillary. I don't think it will do much to change their standings. Hillary is in a place in the polls to play it safe- Edwards is not.

    On the abortion issue, I wish someone in the field would have pointed out that from 1992-2000 we had an administration that initiated real policies that were successful in reducing the number of abortions in this country- since that time abortions have again been on the rise thanks to 'compassionate conservativism.'

    The big losers in this debate were the republicans we will hear from next week.

    1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    I'm thinking a new arrangement of co-presidents. What do you think? The first black man and the first woman. They look fabulous together; and, so far, they are saying a lot of what I want to hear. However, by the time fall 2008 rolls around, my head will be pounding. I hope the picture shows for you here:
    http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=9863614