Lost, on a painted sky...

Lost,  on a painted sky...

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, April 20, 2007

    Morons of the Week !!!

    All News Editors, starting with NBC who chose to release the photos, video and manifesto of the shooter at Virginia Tech. These appauling images are now forever engraved in our minds.

    Several have talked about how "they gave him exactly what he wanted." I don't fall into that camp- HE'S DEAD!!! My problem is the continuing blather in the news about this loner who had to involve some 50 others and their families- and our public consciousness- into his suicide.

    The Media got this wrong. I defy anyone to explain to me how I or anyone else is better off having had these images and thoughts forced into our brains.

    1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    Today's Oprah show is dedicated to a discussion of this very issue (Tuesday/April 24th). While I agree with you wholeheartedly, there is a part of me that says maybe, just maybe, the visual here will help some parent somewhere stop neglecting signs that their child needs help. It is so difficult, as a parent, to admit to any "flaw" (for lack of a better word) in our child. An acquaintance of ours has just now agreed to get testing and a diagnosis for the seven-year-old. He was diagnosed with Asperger's. Sad to think that services and help were available to him as a tiny toddler; so much time forever lost. I'm going off on a tangent; but, I know you understand my reservations herein. A tough call. This said, I am saddened by the further agony inflicted upon the families of those lost......lives forever changed and saddened.