Lost, on a painted sky...

Lost,  on a painted sky...

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, September 19, 2004

    Where is John Kerry?

    Is anyone else remembering 1988 about now?

    This campaign should have been John Kerry's to lose. We have a president who has failed on the economy and on his choices for use of military. The majority of Americans are begging for a candidate other than George W. but are not satisfied with the choice of Kerry.

    He has not articulated his agenda for the issues he claims are of highest import - the war in Iraq, jobs, health care. Why?

    There may be some who will not vote for Kerry if he gets suddenly bold and gives us straight talk on these issues. More likely however, the voters who are scandalized by this administrations misuse of power in Iraq and mismanagement of our economy will lock themselves in Kerry's camp.

    It may in fact be too late for him to make this move. He needs to find within himsef the same fervor that he displayed following the Republican National Convention. People are asking for Edwards but the man the may elect has to set the tone himself.

    The feeling is nagging again, that feeling that every voter of my generation has experienced. I am not enthusiastic about Kerry, frankly I never have been. I am in the "anybody but Bush" camp. But the message of a candidate seeking the office of the president needs to be clear. He owes it to the people he would serve. The campaign of any candidate does in fact show us something about how that candidate would lead. After all, look how poorly the candidate who lost 2000's popular vote has done.

    The prospect of 4 more years of the same leadership does not frighten me. What frightens me is what this arogant administration would do if they had four years of leadership opportunity that would be unfettered by accountability to the American people.

    So, uness Kerry brings on the campaign he promised, I will likely get in line on November 2, wait my turn, hold my nose and cast my vote in the strongest way possible against G.W. Bush.

    No comments: