Lost, on a painted sky...

Lost,  on a painted sky...

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, September 02, 2004

    And Finally... W

    after a sappy 9-11 milking introduction.

    Chant with me... "Four more Months!!!"

    What is a chairaman?

    But what is this vision that he kept promising?

    These are his declaratives about the future. In order. I skip the accolades he gives him self for what he thinks he has already done. Many of these end with "and nothing will hold us back." but he is telling us what he will continue to do or do differently.

    We will build a safer America and nothing will hold us back. (6 minutes in to speach.)
    I am running with a clear and positive plan to build a safer America.
    I will provide clear and steady leareship ( 11 minutes) paraphrased.
    There is a new commitment to "compassionate conservativism".
    We will extend the frontiers of freedom. (scary based on their past)
    Many of our most fundamental systems were created for the world of yesterday. We will transform them to meet the needs of tomorrow. (yikes)
    To create new jobs in America, America must be the best place in the world to do business-
    I will reduce government spending and make tax relief permanent.
    We will make our country less dependent on foreign sources of energy- we will protect small business against law suits.
    I will transform the tax code- simpler fairer pro-growth system. In a new term I will lead a bi-partisan effort to simplify the federal tax code.. I will help workers find better and higher and paying jobs - I will increase funding to community colleges ( I wonder if the increase will replace the cuts those colleges have faced because of his policies).

    I will improve availability of health insurance and I will establish health savings accounts.

    We will provide better access to health care for poorer Americans. I will provide "to every poor community" available health clinics.

    We must pass medical liability reform.

    We will change outdated labor laws. " Our laws must never stand in the way of a family friendly workplace."

    7 million new affordable homes (affordable to who?).

    health care plan ownership, social security privitization,

    Another promise to leave no child behind.
    Another promise for health care.

    This guy sounds good,

    But ... "fool me once... shame on you... fool me... er... you can't get fooled again."


    No comments: