Lost, on a painted sky...

Lost,  on a painted sky...

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, August 21, 2006

    Insomnia induced visit to FOX News...

    created a dramatic increase in my blood pressure.

    While watching Neil Cavuto (recorded from Thursday, I think) I heard Ben Stein proclaim how we all owe a debt of gratitude to big oil. These people put "themselves" in harms way in the most rugged parts of the world. He all but said they work hard for their money. I think Ben stein is a very smart guy and I usually find him amusing but this comment reflected something about his world view which is obviously shaped by how much money he has invested in oil.

    In the next segment the expert panel all agreed that we will see a dramatic reduction in oil prices after Labor day citing (vaguely) peace in the middle east and success of Bush administration initiatives- It was practically vomit inducing.

    I made, to myself, a similar prediction this morning. My thought was, with GOP's in desperate straits in the up-coming elections, it is likely that their friends at the oil companies will so what they can. We may see gas prices drop into the $2.50 range so that an electorate with the attention span of a flea will consider how wonderful these incuments have been for us.

    Whether it works or not the price reduction will be short lived- give it just after that second week in November. The reason for increasing prices again will range from heating fuel costs to 'holiday travel'.

    No comments: