Lost, on a painted sky...

Lost,  on a painted sky...

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, January 12, 2010

    I'll do it Right This Time

    When I began I had no doubt.
    I set the pace, the world was mine.
    I learned to think the world was colder
    I wanted an ear and got a shoulder.
    I did my best with each new test
    I tried to do it right each time.

    Year's go by and now there's doubt.
    Too many times I’d tried and failed.
    No one cared, promises broken.
    I held my tongue when I should have spoken
    Dreams were lost-unmeasured cost.
    I didn't care to do it right this time.

    I sometimes took the easy way.
    Life and love that have been wasted
    I took the prize, I grabbed my token.
    I held my tongue when I should have spoken
    Friends were lost- too great a cost
    But now, I’ll do it right this time.

    When I began I had no doubt.
    I set the pace, the world was mine.
    But through the years I just grew colder
    I’ll take that big chip off my shoulder.
    I'll do my best with each new test
    And so, I’ll do it right this time.

    I’ll do it right this time.
    It’s all on the line
    I’ll take that chance,
    I’ll try again.
    No more regrets as time goes by
    I’ll give my all and let it fly.
    I know … I’ll do it right this time.

    No comments: