Lost, on a painted sky...

Lost,  on a painted sky...

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, November 12, 2004

    A Song for Andy

    On Aug. 22, 2004, early in the morning, Andy was tragically killed in an Auto Accident.

    I did not know Andy well but was privileged and blessed to share in the experience of celebrating his life with his family.

    At that funeral celebration was an odd collection of people that Andy considered his family and friends. You can learn a great deal about someone just by observing the people he holds close. And I wished I could have known Andy better.

    At his funeral, one of his teachers (he had graduated just months earlier from high school) read this poem. It was written by Andy for her class. I share it with you now.

    Shall I run or hide
    and die inside,
    Or pretend
    that I never even knew you,
    even as a friend?

    Can I go back in time,
    Before your hand was mine,
    Or erase the Kiss
    that I will forever miss,
    or forget your eyes
    that seem to hypnotize?

    Can my mind erase
    the feel of your embrace?
    How can I forget all of this
    and pretend it doesn't exist?

    I want you to know one thing that will never end...
    MY LOVE FOR YOU... I LOVE YOU MY FRIEND.

    I was thinking of Andy tonight, and of his family. I hope you will think of them too.


    No comments: