Lost, on a painted sky...

Lost,  on a painted sky...

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, November 05, 2008

    Okay, I'll admit it.

    I have been awake all night, so it is entirely possible that I heard Al Franken wrong. after all, why would KSTP say that he was 'demanding' a recount if it weren't true?

    I know what I will do. I will find a print copy of his speech and read it again for myself:

    Yeah, that's what I thought I heard. Guess Tom Hauser should do a 'truth test' for KSTP TV. They also report Franken at 41% of the vote when, in fact, both the major candidates have a count in excess of 42% and are separated by hundreths of a percentage point. According to the current tally, 570 votes exist between the two candidates ( Coleman with 1,210,940 and Franken with 1,210,370.

    I give KSTP TV an F on the truth test and hold them responsible for the fact that FOX News and MSNBC are repeating this false information.

    It looks like it will be days before a final tally is calculated. In the mean time, I will take Al's advice and be thankful that Minnesota has a superior voting system and a long history of laws and practices that protect the individual voter.

    No comments: