Lost, on a painted sky...

Lost,  on a painted sky...

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, May 05, 2008

    If You Change the Rules, I Win !!

    This morning in the biggest butt-kissing session I have ever witnessed on television Joe Scarborrough interviewed Hillary Clinton. In that interview, when asked what argument she willmake going forward that she should get the Democratic Nomination.

    She said, in essence that she will make the case that she can win the electoral votes. That argument will need to be dissected more carefully but suffice to say that she is claiming that she and not Barrack will win the states she won (California and New York for example). I think the claim is weak.

    Her larger claim was that she has won more popular votes (this changes the rules as to how Michigan and Florida are counted) and that 'if the rules were the same as the rules followed by the Republican Party I would have already won the nomination".

    That statement is only true if Florida and Michigan are counted. But forget the veracity- that standard doesn't apply when a Clinton is speaking.

    Why would we want to follow the Republican rules?

    These are not the rules the candidates agreed to at the beginning. It stretches my imagination and sense of right and my liberal sensibilities to continue to see everything I stand for be twisted beyond recognition in order to secured a nomination for one person who has claimed all along that she is somehow entitled to it.

    First she was the inevitable candidate. Then she was the smarter candidate or the more experienced candidate- now she is the only candidate who can win (as long as we follow her rules- but will her rules change again?).

    She seems to be the one who thinks she must win- and she will do anything to win. I find that dangerous. I find that divisive. I find it annoying.

    No comments: