Lost, on a painted sky...

Lost,  on a painted sky...

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, March 25, 2010

    Did Adam Lambert Kill American Idol?

    Almost everyone agrees that this season of American Idol sucks. The contestants lack any real personality. Some are so bad that Simon Cowell has toned down most of his harsh criticism because it is almost unnecessary.

    But, here's the thing. Has anyone had the displeasure of watching "American Idol Rewind." This is a repackaged version of previous seasons of Idol. They can be fun, but they remind us too of how unslick some of these people were in the earliest episodes of the show. Some of it is downright embarrassing to watch. Remember Justin Guarini and the way he would always smile and wink at the camera, or Constantine- what's his name- and the way he would mug and pout. And I remember vividly how much I hated the earliest performances of Clay Aiken.

    Maybe we need to back up and take in the current competition in light of these bozos. Instead, we expect to get wowed every week.

    I blame Adam Lambert. Now, as I say that, we need to realize that Adam Lambert happened as a result of a change in the way the show was produced. He was really only a symptom of the show being less and less of an amateur competition.

    I think it is more back to its roots now, and I think that the move was probably right. However, they did a terrible job about letting us in on the secret.

    So, I will try the show again next week. But before i do, I will spend the weekend lowering my expectations of the remaining lot.

    1 comment:

    Jean Scigliano said...

    There are a couple that I like but I agree, it's not as good as in the past. It's still early so let's hope they improve as they get more confident.