Lost, on a painted sky...

Lost,  on a painted sky...

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, September 10, 2006

    $2.33 Sunday 8 AM in Shakopee, MN

    Okay, I wasn't exactly wrong when I said;

    "I made, to myself, a similar prediction this morning. My thought was, with GOP's in desperate straits in the up-coming elections, it is likely that their friends at the oil companies will so what they can. We may see gas prices drop into the $2.50 range so that an electorate with the attention span of a flea will consider how wonderful these incuments have been for us."

    I was, believe it or not, less cynical than I should have been. It looks now like the gas prices will dip below $2.00, and likely sooner than anyone would have predicted. But, don't buy the 'BS' that this is somehow connected to a seasonal shift or a change in our behavior. Don't buy either the notion that this is because of the effectiveness of our govenment officials.

    Be certain, however, that this reprieve in gas prices will be very short lived. Elections are November 7th. Look for increases within a week of that date.

    No comments: