Lost, on a painted sky...

Lost,  on a painted sky...

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, February 12, 2008

    What can you do as you look forward in an ever tightening

    race for president? I sent this letter to my favorite MN senator:

    Dear Senator Klobuchar,
    I am a long-time supporter. I appreciated your words regarding remaining silent at this time in the super delegate process as we continue in what is shaping up to be a very exciting Presidential race for our nation and for our party.
    As you consider your position I hope you will consider the overwhelming support Senator Obama has received by the people of our state.
    I am a regular party active and have never before seen such crowds at a caucus.
    In my particular precinct 78% went for Obama. I asked several why and discovered that there were many first timers who turned up for Obama.
    These first-timers and the youth of Minnesota are energized about the possibility of casting their votes this fall for a Minnesota ballot that is headed by Barack Obama for President and Al Franken in the senate race.
    Like you, I hope this matter clears itself up long before you need to cast your super delegate vote. But if not, I hope you will give strong consideration to the opinion of the people you serve.
    Thanks for all you do.

    6 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Is it that you like Obama so much or dislike Hillary so much? I do not get the draw to Obama - all fluff - he can talk the talk but can he walk the walk - doubt it. I understand the charisma and charm factor but it takes more than that to run a country. He scares me a lot.

    Jonathan said...

    It is not a matter of disliking Hillary. It is a matter of prefering Obama. It is also a firm belief that Hillary Clinton is damaged goods.

    I said, even before Hillary Clinton announced that she is the candidate that the Republicans want. She has negatives that remain as high as her positives and that has been unchanged for several years.

    We need a leader who can lead us all and who won't be so easily dismissed by such a vast portion of the population.

    My letter to Senator Klobuchar emphasizes my accounting of the vast support Obama has among people who live in my precinct and my state, nothing more.

    Anonymous said...

    Great letter Jon.

    Anonymous said...

    Uh-oh...two called "anonymous" on one board! Now, THAT is scary. I like "other's" input and challenge, as well as yours, Jon. For me, I can't identify "right" from "wrong" yet. I do agree, though, that Hillary's "Baggage With a Capital 'B'" concerns me.

    Anonymous said...

    Need a leader who can give speeches?? Need a leader who is "likeable"? Didn't know it was a popularity contest. I want a leader who can get us out of the mess we are in. Obama? Maybe in 5-10 years. Hillary can do it NOW.

    Jonathan said...

    " Didn't know it was a popularity contest. I want a leader who can get us out of the mess we are in. Obama? Maybe in 5-10 years. Hillary can do it NOW."

    I see no evidence that Hillary is any more equipped than Barack. The fact is that the political shenanigans in the Clinton campaign are shaping my opinion that she will not provide anything new by way of rhetoric or ideas.

    Just as it was the case with JFK and with Bill Clinton, we are at a point in history that belongs to the next generation.

    This is not to say that there isn't much to be admired about Hillary but I do get annoyed when her supporters get so defensive.

    More than ever we need a united voice going into the fall. I am sceptical of HRC's ability to be that voice.